We also had work to finish at The Cottage before we could spend 12 hours
All the furniture
and all the accessories.
While we were away we were having our ceiling redone.
It was pretty awful and in dire need of a makeover.
We drive 640 miles and arrive in the great city of Cincinnati on a Friday evening.
The best part of the day: seeing our kiddos C & T and hitting the guest bedroom bed early!
The newtothem home of our kids is huge. It is 3 stories, and that doesn't include the basement/garage level!
This home is ....a home and rental property all in one.
- The door on the right goes to a one bedroom apartment on the 1st level.
- The door on the left takes you up a L shape stairway to a 3 bedroom, 2 (full) bath "apartment" on the 2nd & 3rd levels. That's where C & T live.
- It is full of charm and awesomeness.
- It has a secret back stairway that I love!
- It has TONS of potential and owners that know how to bring it out.
- Location. Location. Location. The neighborhood is amazing! A post in itself.
A beautiful sunny day in Cincy. (very cold in MN)
Cara and I started the day with a trip to IKEA (someone had to do it)
The manly men hung blinds in the windows. Lots of windows in this place!
After lunch we headed outdoors to enjoy the sunshine and clean up the front yard.
We raked leaves
pruned a few plants
Then we assembled an awesome IKEA workstation for the kitchen.
Yes, it did take all 4 of us.
NEXT ... clean up. eat up. sleep up.
for the dirty, hungry and tired work team!
Tradition on Sunday: Skyline Chili for dinner!
A three-way for me please.